Tuesday 21 February 2012

Comment on the article in the Observer?
Well what can I say, this article only confirmed that the stereotype of the snobbish, self-centred, egoistic and ignorant British, is still true and up- to- date. I don't want to be rude but the British seem to grow in confidence and feel too well about themselves.

Maybe learning languages is just a domain of our eastern countries because we want to catch up with the great nations all the time, but I think it makes us richer, stronger, wiser and maybe even better?
On one hand it is hard to blame them, because English became so international that it almost a shame nowadays not to use or speak it.

 Unfortunately on the other hand it makes the English so proud and poor at the same time that I really feel sorry for them, because learning languages is an enormous experience and real satisfaction when you finally know it and are able to use it. Let's hope that we won't lose ourselves so much that we'd get back to the era of dinosaurs with our little, poor brains.

Thank you:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is strong :) I must say in defense of the British that it's probably all about cuts in the funding for schools. I can imagine that if Polish were as popular in the world as English is, our schools would not offer foreign languages either. Other things would take priority, I'm afraid :/

    ReplyDelete